Monday, December 6, 2021

Good News, Bad News

We got a little pre-Christmas bonus from work today - a $150 Amazon voucher.  I think everyone in the Seattle office got one - this was a portion of the Christmas party budget split between about 200 employees, since there is no party this year!  That was the good news.  However, there were also a limited number of bigger prizes raffled off - think weekend breaks, an Apple Watch, etc.  And the bad news was I didn't win anything in the raffle.  No surprises there, I have an uncanny ability to never win anything in matters of chance.  But it was made worse by the fact that 2 colleagues in my group, including my manager, did win.  What did I ever do to Lady Luck for her to treat me this way?  This is not an isolated incident.    

No comments:

Post a Comment