Friday, December 3, 2021

Slippery Slope

For those who thought my decision to cancel my trip was a bit hasty and premature, well perhaps I got some karma today.  Because we've had so much rain recently - officially the wettest fall (autumn) in Seattle history - my driveway has sprouted a lot of moss.  And when it is wet, the driveway becomes treacherously slippery on this moss.  As I discovered this morning, as I went down the driveway to retrieve my garbage cans (dustbins) from the bottom of my driveway I slipped and fell down in a very inelegant way.  Fortunately I was still hidden from the road, so no one got to see my embarrassment.  But the result wasn't good.  An extremely muddied up pair of jeans, but more worryingly a nagging pain behind my right knee.  I hope the pain is temporary, my movement doesn't seem limited, so my fear that I've done something untoward to my knee ligaments during the act of falling is hopefully unfounded.  Nonetheless not good, especially when I value my mobility so highly.  Next time I'll make sure I walk down the tire tracks where the moss seems less prevalent, rather than the middle of the driveway.  I've also got my landlord on the case when I told him about my accident - and he was already scraping the moss away today with some garden tools.  I really just want him to coat the driveway with chemicals and kill all the moss that way.        

2 comments: