Thursday, April 15, 2021

Vax Day

Today was the day that Washington state expanded it's vaccine eligibility to every adult.  The irony is that today was also the day that some counties in the state had to rollback their reopening activities due to case count/hospitalization rates.  However, apparently we are still one of the safest states in the country during the pandemic.  And I am part of the 35% of Washington residents who have received their first dose.  Sadly, I feel like we are still a long way away from not wearing masks and not practicing social distancing - and that is a real shame.  Some states have already ended their mask mandates (unsurprisingly, they are all Republican states) - so once again I doubt there is any sort of national policy on the "return to normalcy".  But it can't come soon enough - I am sick to death of working from home, not going out and not seeing my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment