Sunday, April 25, 2021

A Year Later

What a difference 12 months of a pandemic makes.  A year ago I was eagerly going for hikes throughout the week, happily taking loads of photos of plants and trees in full bloom at this time of year.  Today, I can barely be bothered to go outside, and when I do it is almost exclusively in the local neighborhood, and I have absolutely zero interest in taking any photos.  That is just one example of the the mental toll that the pandemic has taken out on me.  I forced myself to take a couple of photos this week - included below.  But my enthusiasm level feels like it's at an all time low - I just can't be bothered to do anything.  I have some vacation days from work coming up this week - immaculately timed to coincide with crappy weather after 2 weeks of gorgeous weather.  Typical.  To be honest, I could really do with some longer time off work to properly recharge - but that will have to wait.  But I will try to get off my ass this week - I've already got a plan for what I want to do tomorrow subject to the weather. 



No comments:

Post a Comment