Saturday, April 3, 2021

Vaccination Update

Well, this happened rather quickly and unexpectedly.  I have an appointment for my first vaccination on Tuesday.  Yay!  And no waiting around for my 2nd dose, I also have an appointment for that exactly 28 days later.  I went on the (unofficial) COVID vaccine finder website this morning, saw this place had available appointments - its less than 5 miles away - filled in my details on the website and managed to snag an appointment.  The location is a college and the vaccine is being administered by the "Seattle Visiting Nurses Association", apparently the largest community immunizer in the state so that is reassuring - and I think it might be a drive-thru clinic.  I think I'm getting the Moderna vaccine - which is good, no dodgy AstraZeneca shots here (which I don't think is approved for use in the States yet).  So let's see how it all goes - I think this site has done lots of vaccinations already, so hopefully it's a smooth and well-oiled machine by now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment