Friday, April 2, 2021

Good Friday

Was it Good Friday today?  It's easy to lose track of this since the US, quite surprisingly, doesn't have a public holiday for Easter.  Apparently it is an observed holiday in some states, but not in Washington.  I did take a trip to the local British food shop last week where I was able to get both some British chocolate Easter eggs and some hot cross buns (neither of which they ordinarily do in the US, though I have found hot cross buns at some supermarkets before).  But my willpower is so weak that I ate them all last week - which I felt bad about, especially the Easter eggs which I should have savored more as they weren't cheap.  So to celebrate Easter I've got to wait for my next "British candy" subscription box, which should arrive next week and I hope contains some Easter-related treats (some different varieties of Cadbury Creme Egg would be a welcome treat).   

No comments:

Post a Comment