Monday, April 5, 2021

Cancel Culture

This is probably an inappropriate use of the term "cancel culture", but I did cancel 2 subscriptions this weekend.  I canceled the meal delivery service I was using - the meals were just not good enough to justify the expense.  And they weren't varied enough either - one of the main reasons I wanted to use the service.  That's not to say that I wouldn't considered another meal delivery service in the future - maybe one that involves more meal preparation using fresher ingredients, rather than these pre-prepared meals I had been getting.  The other cancellation I made this weekend was a lot tougher decision.  But I canceled my TIME magazine subscription.  Since the pandemic started, I haven't been reading it very much - its become a fortnightly issue rather than a weekly one, so a lot less focus on "current" affairs.  Besides, I'm a lot less interested in consuming any sort of news than I used to be anyway.  Controversially, I would also say that the most recent featured articles in the magazine do not particularly interest me - catering a bit too much to the politically correct crowd by seeming to exclusively cover minority or niche issues that I don't particularly care about (maybe I should, whatever).  For example, the most recent cover article was on how the pandemic has changed a generation of students.  Something I, frankly, couldn't care less about - what about all the other generations that have been impacted?!  Everyone has.  I was okay when they were bashing Trump, but now we've moved on from that there isn't anything left to justify getting it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment