Monday, April 26, 2021

Sizing

I'm due to get a couple of freebie jackets from work - and the first one arrived today.  It is a rain jacket - quite good quality from a reputable brand (North Face), but not something I will ever wear.  Especially as I totally misjudged on the size.  I went for 2XL on this one - and it is WAY too big for me (fortunately I think I went for XL on the other jacket I'm due to get, so I'm more hopeful that one will fit me better).  I don't quite know why I went for this size - maybe because I was paranoid about getting one that was too small for me (as has happened in the past).  But this is just silly, and a serious misjudgment on my part.  It is just about wearable, so I am keeping it - I just don't see any scenario where I will voluntarily wear it.  I've actually already got a freebie rain jacket from a while ago that does fit me, and I never wear that - but that is because this one doesn't have a hood, which seems nonsensical for a rain jacket.  

4 comments:

  1. Are you oblivious to re-sale sites like e-bay??

    North Face is a reputable & respected brand.

    It cost you nowt.

    Do the "math" as you Yanks say!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so easy to re-sell when the jacket is customized so that it has our company or department or product name on it. That's the catch of getting it for free - it comes with advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah - that "detail" was unforthcoming

    ReplyDelete
  4. TBF, can't speak for the US, but if you banged a North Face jacket on e-bay here - even with bespoke advertising - someone'd buy it.

    Everyone loves a bargain !!

    Obvs you don't want to sell anything if it can get back to you personally, so if it has "Chris Mansfield" on it, yeah you're screwed.

    ReplyDelete