Friday, April 16, 2021

Pie

Sometimes I really crave some decent British pub food.  There is a pub attached to the British shop where I go to get overpriced sausage rolls and chocolate.  But I’ve only ever eaten there once quite some time ago, and it wasn’t very good.  But I was prepared to give it another go.  Until I saw this on their online menu:

No, no, no, no, no.  If I’ve learnt anything from watching way too many Gordon Ramsey clips on YouTube, it is that shepherd’s pie should be made of lamb and not beef.  This is actually cottage pie.  This basic error means an instantaneous disqualification from me ever going there again, and it appears that I need to find somewhere else to satisfy my craving.  There aren’t exactly an abundance of British pubs round here, but maybe one of the many Irish pubs can come close.  

No comments:

Post a Comment