Saturday, January 30, 2021

Meal Delivery Service

Due to my very limited culinary skills, I feel that my diet during these times is nowhere near as varied as it should be.  So I've been giving some thought to subscribing to a meal delivery service.  These are quite varied - some can be as simple as heating up a meal, others actually require quite detailed preparation.  Because I had some money off coupons, I bought a couple of discounted meal kits at the supermarket to try out.  Although they do require only some simple preparation, I still found I was lacking some basic kitchen equipment (I don't own any mixing bowls! - but I was able to improvise).  Although these tasted fine, there was a fundamental flaw with them - and it is a flaw shared by most of the meal delivery services.  And that is that they are meals for 2.  And these aren't the kind of meals you can easily refrigerate and re-heat later.  However, there are some services that do offer meals for one person - which is obviously so much better for portion control.  Some of these services are not cheap, but some are not overly expensive either - and if I get say 4 meals a week delivered, then that still gives me plenty of flexibility for doing my own thing.  So I am giving this some serious consideration.  But then again, I'm also thinking about subscribing to a monthly "British candy" box.  So what I give with one hand I take away with the other!         

No comments:

Post a Comment