Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Inauguration

Isn't it good to say these words: ex-president Trump.  EX-PRESIDENT.  I wasn't sure if or when this day would come, but I'm so glad it has.  I'm still processing the events at the Capitol - and my anger at so many things before, during and after it have not subsided.  I haven't watched any of the inauguration stuff going on today, it doesn't interest me in the least bit.  But actions speak louder than words, and I'm pleased to see President Biden has already issued a load of executive orders to undo some of the actions from the last 4 years.  He's still got an awful long way to go to point the US in the right direction, and I don't think he is going to magically unite the country overnight, but I am encouraged so far and I am optimistic that things will get better.  I feel less optimistic when I see how deluded and brainwashed Trump supporters have been by what they hear from the right-wing media.  It really is shocking.  And then you kind of worry what they might do.  The extremist groups like Proud Boys and Boogaloo Boys should be treated as terrorist groups - the US don't mind using drones to assassinate terrorist leaders in foreign countries, so why not do the same at home?  But no, let's focus on the positive feelings from today that come from this peaceful transition of power.  Well, it wasn't so much of a transition since Trump refused to show up and instead left in disgrace.  I still fear he will continue to make some headlines, but hopefully nowhere near as many as he did as president.  Let's hope for a quiet, uneventful and prosperous next 4 years! (and if that happens, then pigs will fly)        

No comments:

Post a Comment