Thursday, January 7, 2021

Doctor doctor

A bit of a weird experience at the doctors today.  I went for my annual checkup, and since my last doctor doesn't practice anymore it was at the same clinic but with someone new.  And immediately, alarm bells went off.  It's the first time I've ever been asked to strip and put on a gown.  If I was getting a prostate exam, I'd understand.  But this was totally unnecessary - I wore light clothing so it would be easy to listen to my heart.  And why the hell did I have to take my trousers off?  It's a good job I left my underwear on!  Didn't really like the doctor - seemed like she hadn't got much experience, and I think I'd rather have a male doctor to deal with male issues as I get older.  Is that unreasonable?  Either way, I think I might change clinics and doctors - I'm not tied to this place.  Healthcare costs so much here, I might as well get my money's worth and try to find someone who I'm comfortable with...    

No comments:

Post a Comment