Saturday, January 2, 2021

Decorations

I think there is something profoundly depressing about taking down Christmas decorations.  Something I did today.  I don't know what it is - maybe it is symbolic of the passage of time, the end of the festive season, the end of a holiday.  Whatever, I'm still not entirely sure when is the exact appropriate time to take them down - is it New Year's Day?  Is it before?  Is it after?  I think this weekend seems reasonable, as it doesn't feel right to still have them up when I'm back to work on Monday.  But I already miss the indoor Christmas lights flashing away.

1 comment:

  1. Ours came down today as well.

    I like the sense of space one gets when the internal decs are removed, but dislike the darkness caused by absence of the exterior lights.

    ReplyDelete