Sunday, January 24, 2021

Getting Old

Another telling sign that I am getting old, the halftime Superbowl performer this year is someone I don't have a clue about.  The performer is The Weeknd - I actually had to google how to spell that.  Although I recognize the name, I have no idea what he (at least I think it's a he, rather than a they - I don't think it's a group even though it sounds like one) looks like, or sounds like.  I'm sure I might've heard some of their music on a TV or movie soundtrack or something, but I wouldn't know.  Actually, looking through a list of the most recent Superbowl performers - there are an awful lot of people and groups that I don't care much for but at least have some name recognition - Jennifer Lopez/Shakira, Maroon 5, Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Coldplay, Katy Perry, Bruno Mars.  Jeez, they would make a terrible playlist.   

No comments:

Post a Comment