Wednesday, August 19, 2020

WA State Parks: Day 3 of 5

Apparently I had enough energy this morning to get up early and go for a morning hike at Tiger Mountain State Park - east of Seattle.  Even though it isn't far away (about 40 minutes drive), I've never been before - partly because "Tiger Mountain" suggests to me loads of uphill hiking, but mainly because it just gets so busy especially at weekends (no surprises, given the trailhead is only a couple of minutes off the freeway).  This is the first trail I've been to that actually has a sign asking people to mask up.  But I didn't encounter many people, mainly because the 3 to 4 mile loop I did was a combination of some less popular fairly flat trails (I wanted something less challenging today!).  No spectacular views here, just standard Pacific NW forest habitat - lots of trees, lots of undergrowth, lots of green, lots of wildlife, a few bodies of water, and a lack of decent signage (I had to backtrack at least once).  At one point got freaked out from the sound of something big crashing through the undergrowth near the trail, but didn't linger long enough to find out whether it was a deer or a bear.  Last time I trust the weather forecast, it was still quite sunny.  Otherwise, no plans to celebrate my birthday today (certainly no birthday cake, but I might treat myself to some ribs tonight because I got sent a discount for my birthday!).





2 comments:

  1. In which case I demand a photo of "Birthday Ribs"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "no plans to celebrate my birthday today"

    Eeyore !!!

    ReplyDelete