Monday, August 17, 2020

WA State Parks: Day 1 of 5

A week without work, and without worrying about work, means a week of doing some hiking.  First up: Camano Island State Park.  I've been on several hikes before on Camano Island, but not here.  Wanted to start the week gently, do did a loop trail that was only about 3 miles long - maybe a bit more because at one point I had to take a detour - but even so, it was a struggle.  Perhaps because I went during the middle of the day and it's still quite hot (not as bad as yesterday, which was the hottest day in Seattle in about 11 years), perhaps because it's a very undulating trail, most likely because I'm just generally really unfit - but several uphill sections were slow going.  But it was a nice hike - basically some pretty views overlooking the water combined with a tranquil forest section.  Not many people on the trail at all - almost everyone I saw just headed to the beach.  There was a small beach trail, but I'll save that for another time when it's less busy - this is a park I will come back to again because it's not too far away.






No comments:

Post a Comment