Saturday, August 15, 2020

Heat Advisory

We've got a heat advisory here this weekend.  And having just been outside this afternoon to wash my car, I can confirm it is brutal.  And apparently it's going to be worse tomorrow.  Thankfully, the temperatures look as though they are going to come back down to something close to normal after Monday.  And that is a relief, because I am taking next week off work - and I want to do some hiking if it's not suffocatingly hot.  I was kind of hoping to go to Mount Rainier and Olympic National Park, but I ordered a national park pass a while ago and haven't got it yet.  Given that the National Park Service and the United States Postal Service are very low priority for the current federal government, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.  Hopefully it will arrive next week, otherwise I might have to stick to State Parks (my State park pass arrived without delay) - and save the National Parks for September.         

No comments:

Post a Comment