Saturday, August 8, 2020

Stomach Trouble

 Warning, this is a scatological post.  There are 2 words in the English language that should not be used in combination - "explosive" and "diarrhea".  Unfortunately, I was hit by this affliction yesterday.  It had been coming - I had been suffering from some stomach pains and some truly noxious gas since the evening before.  I had clearly eaten something that disagreed with me.  What could it be?  But then as I was tidying up, I happened to notice something on my receipt from the last time I went to get some groceries - a recall notice for some products that I may have purchased.  It listed various onions, accompanied by the words that you don't want to read "The products may be contaminated with SALMONELLA and, if eaten, could result in severe illness to those individuals who may consume this product.".  And what had I eaten the night before?  Why only some pasta, with some pasta sauce that, yes, I had added some onions to.  So, I think I got salmonella poisoning.  Nice.   I feel better today fortunately - I think perhaps the only good thing to come out of this is that it probably caused some weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment