Thursday, August 27, 2020

Sports

There is a distinct lack of sports on at the moment.  I've been watching a lot of playoff basketball and ice hockey recently, but not for the last few days for reasons that I'm sure you're aware of.  I have absolutely no problem with the postponements and the players' refusal to play - there is no excuse for yet another needless death of a black man at the hands of the police, and this is a legitimate way to increase the public's awareness of the problem - and the timing couldn't be better.  Not that I've been following either the Democrat or Republican conventions, but I find it quite ironic that all of these developments are eclipsing the Republican convention and specifically a lot of their talk about law and order.  I'm sure Trump is not happy about it, he's not happy about anything that takes the spotlight away from him - I'm writing this before his speech tonight, but I'm sure he'll say something to stir the pot further.  At this point, I don't think it even matters what he says - Trump is like the boy that cried wolf, he can say anything ridiculous and/or outrageous and nobody is surprised any more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment