Tuesday, August 18, 2020

WA State Parks: Day 2 of 5

Got back late - I'm tired, exhausted and in no mood to write my post and go through my photos from today's trip just yet - so I'll update this post tomorrow.  I think I've probably over-exerted myself, so tomorrow might be a quiet day.  Also today might have been the last day this week with some sun, which is unfortunate.

UPDATE: So, I ended up going to Deception Pass State Park on Tuesday - Washington's most popular state park.  And there is a reason for that - some of the views are spectacular.  I started with a hike in a part of the park that is less frequented and that I hadn't been to before - I guess there is a reason for that, since this hike was quite underwhelming compared to others in the park.  I wasn't going to do a beach hike - which on a sunny afternoon, even on a weekday, would just be too crowded.  But I wanted to make up for the first hike, so went on a second hike round some headlands - a hike that I had done before.  And spent way longer there than planned, since the views were even better than I remembered and I ended up taking about a gazillion photos.  I definitely will come back to Deception Pass, but preferably earlier or off-season when the crowds are thinner.  Now to go through the dozens and dozens of photos and select a few to post here...     

UPDATE 2: Here we go:











1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Young Man

    I demand to see a bona fide birthday cake photo on today's entry

    ReplyDelete