Sunday, December 15, 2019

Post-flight Post

After a fairly uneventful flight back, I'm back in Blighty!  Seeing some of the London landmarks from the sliver of my airplane window warmed my cockles. 


The flight had the potential to be a nightmare - no upgrade, and boarded to find some parents with two babies in their laps in the seats immediately behind me.  Worst case scenario.  But fortunately didn't have to tolerate the smells, the sounds and the seat kicking for long, as they moved somewhere else after takeoff and I took the opportunity to grab their seats so I had a bit more space.  This is the first time I've flown Virgin Atlantic and I had high expectations, but I can honestly say I didn't think they were much better than British Airways.  The food, the service, etc was almost identical.  But at least they weren't delayed, whereas it looked like the BA flight at around the same time out of Seattle was.  And I surprisingly got some decent sleep on the plane - even more surprising considering the film I watched onboard before nodding off was Midsommar.  Recommended - very Wicker Man-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment