Thursday, December 5, 2019

Junk

The next phase of Operation Improve Living Space was completed today.  I got my old sofa (plus old mattress and old/unused exercise bike) taken away by a junk removal company.  I can’t tell whether I got ripped off – the amount I got charged was a lot higher than I was expecting from their website, but seemed more in line with what other junk removal companies were quoting.  I probably should have shopped around more…for 5 minutes of work to carry those items into their truck, seemed like an awfully inflated amount – even if they charge by how much space your stuff takes in the truck, which I think they do, it still seemed a lot when those items really don’t add up to much.  Whatever, it’s done now.  I’ve had that sofa for about 12 years, so not sorry to see it go – the reclining mechanism was broken on one side, it sagged, it was stained, it had bits of metal sticking out of it that easily caught on and ripped your clothes.  Frankly, I don’t know why it has taken me so long to get rid of it – it ended up looking like the kind of sofa you see in a crack house.  So, what’s next?  Need to move my tv into the other room.  Need to decide if I am going to try to squeeze in all my new furniture into this room.  Need to buy some new floor lamps.  Need to buy a dining room set to go where the tv used to be.  Need to buy a new, and bigger and better, tv.  Maybe also need to buy a decent soundbar – been giving a lot of thought to replacing my 7.2 surround sound setup, which just has too many speakers and too many wires for negligibly better sound quality.  It seems like I’ve already spent my annual bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment