Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Differences Between the US and the UK: #9

#9: it's Christmas, so I have to say family.

Skype may be good, but nothing beats quality face-to-face interaction and interaction over a longer period of time.  Outside of work, I live a relatively solitary life in the US - so I really welcome the opportunity to see friends and family on the all too rare occasions I'm back in the UK.  I love spending time with my niece and nephew - particularly at the age they are when Christmas is so exciting, and I can be the fun uncle.  And despite the arguments, the many things that drive me crazy, and the increasing signs of getting old, it's been great to spend time with my parents.  So I am grateful for everyone who I have seen and especially everyone who has hosted me.  I hope I can return the favor in the future if you ever want to visit or happen to be in the Pacific NW.   

No comments:

Post a Comment