Friday, December 6, 2019

FB

I see these adverts for things like Portal and Oculus Drift.  And then in little text underneath the product name I see “from facebook”.  Nope.  That’s a hard no.  I will never buy these products.  NEVER.  I hate Facebook, I hate what it stands for, I hate it’s invasion of privacy and abuse of personal data, I hate it’s selling out to extremism and fake news, and I refuse to buy anything from them.  It’s exactly the same reason I will never buy a Tesla.  I think I have a Facebook account – but I haven’t been on it for years, and I think I created it just to get in touch with an old manager for a reference a long time ago.  I think I deleted my original account, but Facebook didn't like that so it’s probably still out there somewhere – once it turned into a popularity contest decided by the number of Facebook friends you had, I was done.  And that was in the early days – that is just the tiny tip of the iceberg of things wrong with it now.  This is why my online presence is restricted to just this blog that get’s a handful of views, plus the occasional spam comment, but at least I have full control of the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment