Friday, December 13, 2019

BJ

I’ll keep my election result thoughts to a minimum.  I haven’t been following it much – I have grown weary of politics, on both sides of the Atlantic – but the people have spoken, and the results are clear.  As much as I dislike Boris Johnson, I equally dislike Jeremy Corbyn and the Lib Dems were never even given a fair shake.  This was really a disaster for the Labour Party – it was an election they should never have agreed to, led by an unelectable leader, and even then should’ve and could've done so much better than they actually did.  This is what happens when you take the party too far to the left, and an important lesson for the Democratic Party in the US because I think exactly the same thing could happen here next year.  But at least the uncertainty over Brexit is resolved, with the UK definitely leaving the EU in January now.  Maybe not on optimal terms, but it is happening.  And I think we can expect a stronger push for Scottish independence – which could make things interesting.  And I see the exchange rate momentarily surged – but quickly jumped down, currently about $1.33 to 1 pound.  That is something I’ll definitely keep an eye on over the next year – that is going to drop when the UK leaves the EU, making your hard-earned pounds worth considerably less.

No comments:

Post a Comment