Thursday, December 12, 2019

Charley Horse

I was in bed this morning, moving around trying to get comfortable, and kicked out at my duvet and experienced a sudden, sharp pain in my calf muscle.  I think I have experienced “a charley horse” – a muscle cramp or spasm resulting in a tight muscle.  This isn’t the first time – however, very inopportune timing when I have a 10 hour flight to look forward to in the next few days.  It makes sense that this is the kind of pain you get from dehydration, as I haven’t been drinking as much water as I should for the last few days – and taking a diuretic as part of my blood pressure medication only makes things worse.  So I think I shall be consuming a lot of orange squash when I’m back (definitely one of the things I miss most here).  What with this and some back pain I’ve been experiencing recently, I think my body has finally given up…

No comments:

Post a Comment