Thursday, December 26, 2019

Differences Between the US and the UK: #10

#10 Greggs

And the trifecta of foods I had to have when I came back was completed earlier this week with a visit to Greggs.  Not exactly difficult, since they seem to be everywhere.  But not in America, where I sorely miss them.  So any chance to get a warm, savory sausage roll I will take.  America is sadly lacking any equivalent to Greggs - is this an opportunity missed?  I don't know - despite the massive popularity of a show like the Great British Bake Off in the US, I simply haven't seen anywhere with cheap British type savory pastries like sausage rolls, which is such a shame because they don't know what they're missing.  So I shall just have to enjoy them when I'm here - much to the chagrin of snobbish relatives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment