Thursday, November 21, 2019

The Old Hood

Recently I happened to drive through the neighborhood – Greenwood – where I used to live.  Kind of interesting to see how much it has changed, and how much it hasn’t changed.  It always had a big turnover of businesses – particularly bars/restaurants – and that still seems to be the case.  A couple of ones are still there from when I lived there (5/6 years ago?!), and a lot more new/closed down/renamed places.  I miss the burrito place I used to go to all the time – I need to go back there at some point.  Glad to see the worst supermarket I’ve ever been to that was extremely convenient but extremely rundown has closed.  However, the late night bar/restaurant that was immediately opposite where I lived and gave me fits with the noise emanating from there at closing time, particularly on Fridays and Saturdays, is still there – though under a different name.  A quick internet search shows that this place is now open 24 hours at weekend – noise all night long, yikes glad I don’t live there now.  Was kind of curious to see whether the price of the apartment I rented there had exponentially increased – but  pleasantly surprised to see that it wasn’t as high as I thought it would be, about the same as what I’m paying where I am now.  Though I’d much rather be where I am now than where I was.  But as Seattle grows, this is definitely a neighborhood that has, and will continue to, become increasingly gentrified – as indicated by several newer (and certainly more expensive) apartment buildings that have opened since I lived there.

Forgive me for stating the obvious on another matter, but Mourinho in place of Pochettino is a serious step down – I don’t know what Tottenham are thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment