Friday, November 29, 2019

Invasion of Privacy

A couple of guys showed up at my door today to ask about buying the property.  Or my neighbor's property, I wasn't really sure.  Either way, I feigned ignorance/stupidity and they went on their way.  But on reflection, I should have told them to piss off.  They actually drove up my driveway to knock on my door.  That is some cheek, and a massive invasion of privacy.  Nosy f*ckers.  It is one thing to walk up to somebody's front door, but quite another to drive up to it.  The more I think about it, the more I get angry about it.  I should have told them, plainly, that nothing was for sale here and to sling their hook.  They were probably just a couple of chancers after a quick flip.  They didn't look as though they were casing my joint, which would be the other reason for going up my driveway.  I actually get mail on an almost weekly basis asking about buying this property - I don't know whether these are the same people sending that, but that looked to be just some junk mail that went out to everyone.  Perhaps not.  Worse, these people might have been looking to buy some land to build something new, and the last thing I want is more construction noise in my vicinity.  There is already some construction going on a little way down the hill from where I am, and the noise carries.  And it's ruined the neighborhood near where I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment