Saturday, November 16, 2019

Impeachment

I’m not going to comment about the impeachment inquiry, now it’s in it’s public phase – I think most people are already tired and bored of it now, and it seems that the news will quickly move on.  I think it’s beyond clear that Trump abused his presidential powers to get a foreign power to dig up dirt on a political rival.  I don’t need to watch all the testimonies to know this.  Is it an impeachable offence though?  Personally I think it is, others disagree.  I think Trump will just bluster his way through it as “fake news” and a “witch hunt”, and it really won’t make much difference on whether people like him or hate him.  I don’t think he will ever be impeached – he will never get enough Senate votes for that – so this is really a rather pointless spectacle.  Which is the last thing the Democrats need on top of their ridiculous presidential primary – which seems to have a bunch of new people joining the race even now, which only makes them look weaker.  For sure, if Bernie Saunders or Elizabeth Warren win the primary, then it is almost certain that Trump will win a second term.  The Democrat Party is leaning too left, which might satisfy their core base but will not win them those oh so important swing states.

No comments:

Post a Comment