Thursday, November 28, 2019

Election Ad

We're still just about a year away from the US presidential election, and we don't yet know who will be the Democratic presidential challenger.  Yet today, whilst spending my Thanksgiving Day binge-watching a load of telly, I encountered my first election ad - and it was maybe for someone you might not expect.  It wasn't for Trump.  It wasn't even for one of the Democrats who has appeared in a debate yet.  It was for someone who entered the race late.  And the ad wasn't so much about the candidate as it was against Trump.  The ad was for Mike Bloomberg.  The guy isn't exactly short of money, so not much of a surprise that he can afford to start airing ads so early.  But I'm not really sure who this ad is for - all I know is that I am already suffering from election fatigue and we still have an awful long way to go.   

No comments:

Post a Comment