Monday, November 18, 2019

Ping Pong Update

I liken my current ping pong form to the England national squad.  Ease through the qualifying stage against mediocre opposition, but things are a lot different when it comes to the knockout stages and the big boys.  I qualified easily for the quarter-finals of my work ping pong tournament (Advanced bracket) today, with dominant victories over a couple of folks.  Playing well – I think I’ve got a very good shot of going all the way if I can maintain this form.  However, that was lunchtime and I played again in the late afternoon in a friendly against some superior opposition (and potential future tournament match-up) and I absolutely sucked.  Inconsistency continues to be my Achilles heel.  I still don’t know when the finals are going to be held – I strongly suspect it will be once I’m back in the UK, so all of this will be for nothing.  Which would be typical for my luck.

1 comment:

  1. Lee Westwood, Colin Montgomerie, Sterling Moss, Jimmy White - a fairly good club to be a member of !!!!

    ReplyDelete