Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Drill

As I arrived at the work garage this morning, the fire alarm was going off.  Which made things awkward.  As I was driving into the garage, everybody else was exiting the building for a fire drill.  That will teach me for arriving late – but that is no surprise for a Tuesday, which is increasingly becoming the worst commute day of the week.  But I couldn’t exactly park on the street or anywhere else, because there simply aren’t any free spaces at that time.  I’m sure if it wasn’t a drill, the parking garage gate wouldn’t have opened for me.  But I knew it was a drill because I could see the fire marshals with their colored bibs and clipboards.  Seems a rather pointless exercise when people routinely work from home now, but whatever.  I guess it is prudent since our building does have lab space on the ground floor, and so there might be some rather explosive materials stored there.

No comments:

Post a Comment