Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Competition

Well, I might not get a better chance.  We have another ping pong tournament coming up before the end of the year – and I found out today that my nemesis, the guy who beat me in my last singles final and who I’ve never beaten in tournament play, is injured and has had to withdraw.  Suddenly the tournament is wide open.  And although my form is spotty at best, there are probably 3 of us who can win and I think I might be the favorite by a hair.  My greatest fear – I don’t know when the games are being played, and I really hope that the finals don’t take place in the week that I’m back in the UK.  That would be a cruel and ironic twist.

 I didn’t watch much of the Seahawks game last night – but I knew who won, because fireworks started going off (even though they are illegal).  Yes, feel free to celebrate a Seahawks overtime win in a crazy back-and-forth game – but fireworks, really?  This was a regular season game, and there are still many more important games ahead – and the Seahawks are still behind the 49ers.  Get a grip.

2 comments:

  1. Why are fireworks illegal - Is the Seattle cosmopolitan area a communist enclave ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note: Being a dog owner, I am NOT a fan of fireworks & would not indulge myself - but individual freedoms should be held dear.

    ReplyDelete