Friday, November 15, 2019

Self-eval

The self-evaluation for our annual performance review was due today, and I decided to talk myself up this year.  Our performance is rated on a 5-point scale – Below Expectations, Improvement Needed, Achieved, Exceeded and Exceptional.  I normally give myself an Exceeded rating, which then gets rounded down to Achieved when combined with my manager review and standardized across the department.  This time, I gave myself Exceptional.  I don’t know in my heart of hearts whether I would honestly rank myself that highly (“performance of this caliber is unique”, “clearly and consistently demonstrated exceptional accomplishments in all major areas of responsibility”, “recognized as a role model and a positive example for others”, “a level of performance that is seldom equaled by others”), but I think this has been my best year in this job (certainly since I rejoined) and at the least I want an overall Exceeded rating when it inevitably gets rounded down.  I believe a better rating does mean a better bonus – so that’s something as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment