Friday, November 8, 2019

Expenses

Looks like it’s going to be an expensive Black Friday for me this year.  I’ve got a long list of things I want to get, including: a new table tennis paddle, a new Chromebook, a new iPod Touch, a shorter pool cue (a drawback of moving my pool table upstairs is that I have less space around the table now).  That’s not even including all the living room upgrades I need to get – new sofa set, new dining room table and chairs, new television, new lights, new desk, etc.  I’ve actually ordered a new sofa set yesterday – although I might have saved some money if I waited a bit for the proper sales, I couldn’t be sure and I wanted to get it delivered before I came back to the UK for Christmas.  Let’s hope it does.  And what an ordeal it was deciding what to go for.  I got overwhelmed by indecision as I looked at thousands of sofas online.  My general philosophy is if I want to buy something like this then I just plump for the first one I find that I like and not give it a second thought.  I made the mistake this time of looking at lots of different ones on different websites, all of which had their pros and cons and left me paralyzed with indecision at having to choose between them.  In the end, stuck to one website and finally settled on a set (sofa, loveseat, chair – all reclining, a feature I really wanted.  I did come across a set named “Hertfordshire”, which seemed apt since that is my birth county, but it wasn’t reclining so I had to say no).  The set I chose will probably be nothing like I imagine from the photos and description on the website and I might come to regret my decision, but I’m committed now so I can’t worry about it.  As long as it’s comfortable then I don’t really care too much about how it looks and I’m good.  But I won’t get rid of my old and battered current sofa just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment