Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Two Come Along at Once

Some interesting developments on the work front.  Firstly, it is almost certain now that I will be transitioning into a new team and a new manager (who hasn’t resigned yet!).  I spoke to my manager’s manager today, and it seems like it’s a go – what a relief!  Once my new manager is back from vacation, it should become official.  This would mean getting a Chinese female manager – but this is someone I’ve known since I first started working for this company in 2008 (?), she is also based in Seattle, and someone who I actually like and respect (and of all the Chinese I work with, she is definitely one of the ones who can actually speak good English!).  It’s someone who was at the same level as me 5 years ago, so it is a bit humbling to now be reporting to her – but this is a sacrifice I am more than willing to make in order to escape from my current manager.  And then, extremely unexpectedly, and on the same day that these things are happening, I finally heard back from the San Diego company I applied to and I think they are interested in me!  I wonder why they took so long to get back to me – it feels like ages since I applied there?  Regardless, I suspect they will want to set up a phone interview very soon.  I think I’m definitely going to go ahead and interview – no guarantees of anything coming from it, but I feel like I’ve got nothing to lose.  It is an opportunity, and a seemingly good opportunity – anywhere else I wouldn’t bother with given these positive manager developments, but San Diego is the exception. 

No comments:

Post a Comment