Wednesday, April 4, 2018

On The Move

Another 8 week step challenge started today at work.  So I’ve got a pedometer strapped to my wrist and have started recording the number of steps I’m taking every day beginning today.  As part of setting up the pedometer, I had to provide my weight – and this was the first time I have weighed myself for quite some time.  Oh boy, I definitely could do with losing a few pounds (i.e. a lot!).  As feared, and as expected, I have put a little bit of weight on over winter – so this step challenge couldn’t come at a better time!  Though I suspect the bigger impact on losing some weight has to probably come from changing my diet – and that won’t be easy.  Baby steps – and that starts with less snacking and less soda.  I’m also giving serious consideration to trying one of those meal kit delivery services like Blue Apron – so at least I can control my intake that way.  That also has the benefit of potentially broadening my culinary skills and tastes – something I’d like to do, especially when it comes to home cooking.  We shall see – I plan to track my weight a bit more closely over the next 8 weeks, so hopefully I will see some improvements.  Though with a lot of rain in the forecast, I don’t expect I’ll have the most auspicious start when it comes to doing some lunchtime and evening walks and getting my step count up.

And a late addition to the blog.  What is the saying – just as you see light at the end of the tunnel, the roof comes crashing down?  Well, just found out that the guy who was probably going to be my new manager has resigned.  Great, so once again I’m in that area of uncertainty without a clue about what is going to happen, with the fear that nothing will happen.  That will teach me for being too optimistic about my job situation just yesterday….

No comments:

Post a Comment