Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Deja Vu

Apologies in advance, but there is every chance that this blog is exactly like one or more blogs I’ve written in the past – I’m fully conscious that I sound like a broken record.  But my job still sucks.  Still stuck with my old manager, who is driving me to new levels of frustration and irritation.  At least 3 e-mails today I started writing today with “I must respectfully disagree” concerning one thing or another, but in the end I don’t bother sending because they totally fall on deaf ears.  I’ve had managers in the past who treat me with massive levels of indifference, but this is something entirely different with new levels of being patronized and condescended to.  I don’t like it one bit, and to be honest I feel like it has knocked my confidence and made me question whether I am quite as good at my job as I think I am.  Given the right amount of motivation and encouragement I think I am, but those have been sadly lacking over the last few years.  But hopefully I will finally transition to a new manager and a new group within a few weeks.  Just waiting for my new manager to return from vacation, and then hopefully it will become official.  Of course, given past experiences at this place there is absolutely no guarantee that things will work out how I want or expect them to.  Which is why I have to continue biting my tongue and continue to endure this awful work environment and management for at least a little longer...   

No comments:

Post a Comment