Sunday, April 29, 2018

Superhero Movie Fatigue

I don't care if it just had the biggest opening weekend ever, there is no way I'm going to bother going to the cinema to watch the new Avengers movie.  It didn't exactly have glowing reviews, and I've already read a load of spoilers for the film on the internet.  I haven't seen several of the more recent movies from the Marvel universe - Black Panther ,Thor 3 and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 - there are just too many of them, and I am just too indifferent to them.  I'll catch them on TV if they happen to be on and don't cost me any extra money, but between Marvel, DC and the various related TV series the market is really just over-saturated with superhero movies and shows.  It's a business now, and that is kind of sad.  I think most of the film are OK, just totally unmemorable and not particularly distinctive from one another.  I think the new Star Wars and Star Trek universes suffer from the same problem.  Thank god James Bond hasn't gone that way yet (Danny Boyle better do a good job on the next one!).

No comments:

Post a Comment