Saturday, April 7, 2018

Tax

I've left submitting my taxes very late this year - I think the deadline is in something like 10 days time.  So I completed and filed my tax forms today.  And once again I owed the federal government a load of money - about the same amount as last year.  Actually thought it was going to be much worse - the amount I owed was a lot higher when I entered my info into the software late yesterday.  But when I checked the numbers and corrected a few of my responses today, it reduced the amount quite significantly.  I think I entered everything correctly - I hope so anyway, in the slight chance that my tax return gets audited!  But it has made me distrust the software I use to submit my taxes, as well as it being too expensive, so I might use a different one next year.  I hate doing taxes - what a pain in the ass.  But at least I live in a state where I don't have to submit a state tax return as well as a federal return.  I think I much prefer living somewhere that has a higher state sales tax rather than a state income tax.

No comments:

Post a Comment