Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Fruit and Bagels

On Wednesdays, work provides fruit and bagels for breakfast.  I don’t indulge in bagels, but I do pick up some fruit – normally just a couple of bananas to last the rest of the week.  But every other Wednesday, I also have an 8 am meeting so I get into the office early.  Which means that I miss out on all the prime pickings.  So 7.45 today, as I’m getting some water, the fruit was all laid out and ready to help yourselves – but no e-mail sent out to say it’s ready.  What harm would there be from just my grabbing a couple of bananas before my meeting?  I mean, good grief, they even give them away outside the Amazon office buildings just down the road.  But no, just as I’m reaching for the bananas I get told not to by the person who has set everything up because they are not “officially” available to everyone yet.  I mean, come on.  Are you really going to be that officious over a couple of bananas?  I explained that I was going to be in a meeting shortly, and their counter-argument was that if I started helping myself to some fruit then everyone else would follow.  But that is going to happen anyway when the e-mail gets sent out (in maybe 10 minutes time).  Just ridiculous, and such a petty power play.  This person just really pissed me off and I’m definitely the kind of person who holds grudges – so well done for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment