Thursday, April 12, 2018

Dodgy Pedometer

I’ve been recording my steps for the last week.  The recommended amount of steps is supposed to be 10,000 a day.  I am averaging closer to 20,000.  I don’t think this is an accurate reflection of my “athletic” lifestyle.  In the past, I have kept the pedometer in my pocket and I think it has been fairly accurate with recording the step count.  This time, the pedometer was supplied on a wrist strap so I’ve been wearing it in place of my watch.  I’ve either got a crappy pedometer or it being on my wrist is causing a huge disparity between the actual number of steps I’m taking and what it thinks are steps when it is just movement of my arm.  For example, on the course of getting dressed this morning it recorded me taking about 100 steps, which is just preposterous.  And I even see the step count going up whilst I’m sitting at my desk just typing away, including whilst I’m typing this now.  Stupid.  So although my step count over the course of this 8 week challenge is going to look impressive, sadly I don’t think I’m going to be able to read too much into the numbers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment