Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Thundersnow

On Monday, I experienced something I don’t think I’ve ever experienced before – “thundersnow”.  It was a crazy day – there was some unexpected snowfall and snow accumulation Monday morning which messed up the morning commute, so I took a teleconference at home in the morning before heading into work at lunchtime.  Then in the span of about 1/2 hour in the afternoon we experienced thunder, lightning, rain, hail, something called graupel (a new word for me!), snow, before finally sunshine.  It was quite bizarre – it went from quite settled weather to all of a sudden being totally unstable and the sky opening up, before abruptly returning to normal.  The Space Needle got him by lightning multiple times, which made for some good photos (which unfortunately I can’t claim credit for).


No comments:

Post a Comment