Friday, March 17, 2017

Doubt and Indecision

I was momentarily seduced by the dark side – I thought about renewing my lease for another year.  But then I saw the light.  Or, to be perfectly clear, it was a rare sunny day yesterday, I happened to be home most of the day, and I was momentarily reminded of how horrendous my current place is during summer.  There were about 20 kids playing with water guns in the play area behind my apartment – and the noise they were making was ungodly.  So, there is no chance in hell that I’m going to stay here for another summer.  I had the opportunity to transfer to another property within the same community, but I have chosen not to – if I’m going to move, then I want to move somewhere entirely different.  And after 15+ years of apartment living, I feel it is time to step up.  It’s going to be more expensive, but I have decided that I want to live at least a year in a non-apartment home – a house or townhouse ideally.  This will not be cheap, and indeed will be more expensive than what I had planned for.  But I am prepared to pony up for at least a year of better quality living – at least I hope better quality!  I have briefly extended my current lease to give me a bit more time to find somewhere – a safety barrier for myself, although I am a long way from happy about the obscene rate that they are charging me for this short extension.  But needs must.  Now I just need to find somewhere to move to.  Easier said than done!

No comments:

Post a Comment