Monday, March 13, 2017

Stalled

It’s looking like Operation Ihavegottomove is going to be a bust.  It’s not so much so that I haven’t found anywhere new to live yet, as there just don’t seem to be ANY rentals that meet my size/price/location criteria.  I mean absolutely none – I haven’t even replied to a single ad.  Now I’m wondering whether I’m even looking on the best websites.  As has been pointed out to me, I need the change.  But as has also been pointed out to me, even if I move somewhere new I will invariably find something to complain about.  I haven’t totally given up on the possibility of moving, but I have resigned myself to the fact that I might not move.  And that will necessitate some lifestyle changes.  In particular, not staying at home so much during those nice summer days and evenings when I can go particularly stir crazy – so I need to engage more regularly in things like evening walks and weekends away.  Whatever money I might save from rent and moving expenses can go towards this.  But I will continue to scan the rental ads in the hope of finding somewhere before I need to make a definitive decision.  I’m trying not to feel too down because I hope and want to make a more substantial move (away from Seattle) in a year’s time, and I think that is significantly more important than whether I make a temporary move now or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment