Saturday, March 11, 2017

Nicolas Cage

As much as I love an intelligent, thoughtful, well-acted, well-filmed, well-plotted film, sometimes I just need the brainless enjoyment of a 90's Nicolas Cage movie.  My go to is normally Con Air - which seems to air almost weekly on one channel or another.  Today, I was fortunate to catch Face/Off - another classic - and on a premium channel no less, so no edits or dubbing over (don't even get me started on the fact that Americans have absolutely no problem showing all manner of gore or violence uncut, but can't handle even one swear word when showing a film on basic cable or network TV).  Naturally, Face/Off is utterly preposterous and horribly over-acted, but never not entertaining.  After Con Air and Face/Off, I just need to catch The Rock to complete my trilogy of classic 90's Nicolas Cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment