Monday, March 27, 2017

Geography Test

One of the “Elite 8” match-ups over the weekend in March Madness basketball was Gonzaga vs Xavier.  If anyone knows where both these universities are to be found in the US without looking them up, then (a) you’re a big fan of American college sports, (b) you have an eidetic memory or (c) you’re lying.  I only know Gonzaga is in Spokane because it is in Washington State, so by default (and the fact that the University of Washington sucks as basketball) the locals hope they do well in the tournament.  I have no idea where Xavier is – somewhere on the East Coast, but no idea where exactly.  Just looking through the field, there are so many more universities that I don’t have a clue where they are  - just from the Sweet 16 there is Baylor (Texas?), Purdue (no idea – but I know they are known as the Boilermakers) and Butler (no idea).  For as long as I’ve been in the US, it just goes to show how big it is and how little I know about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment