Thursday, March 2, 2017

One of life's most stressful ordeals, and I plan to do it yet again

Operation Ihavegottomove starts in earnest next week, as things are not getting any better at my current place and I dread the prospect of another summer and all the ensuing issues then.  So I am giving myself 3 weeks to find somewhere new to live.  I have to confirm I’m moving out of my current place a month before my lease ends, so it would be great if I can find somewhere before then.  But even if I don’t, I think I will still commit to leaving and simply ramp up the urgency (and, if I have to, be a bit less fussy on what I’m looking for).  I’ve already started exploring online to see what’s out there – there are a few good looking options, but the timing of their availability is not ideal i.e. too early.  My best bet is to find somewhere about a month before my planned move-in date – which is in about 2 weeks’ time – so I will probably take a day off work around then and dedicate it to looking at as many places as I can and committing to one that day.  But I hope to start replying to some ads and arranging some viewings beginning next week if I can.  This is something I cannot afford to procrastinate on.  Wish me luck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment