Saturday, March 4, 2017

Myrtle Edwards Park

For what feels like the first weekend in absolutely ages, actually woke up to some sun.  So, decided to head downtown to the waterfront.  Sadly, but inevitably, it had clouded up by the time I got down there just before lunch.  Nonetheless, went for a walk in Myrtle Edwards Park - which follows the waterfront just north of downtown.  It's a walk I know well - when I used to work in the vicinity I used to go down there virtually every day - and it tends to be quite crowded, and today was no exception.  It's flat, not massively long (I maybe walked about 2 miles each way), and includes a sculpture park, a grain terminal and a public pier.  I was hoping to grab lunch at Pike Place Market afterwards, but was disappointed to find that my go-to sandwich place was shut.  I couldn't face the hoards of tourists anywhere else, so simply headed home.




No comments:

Post a Comment